my little boy had eczema onhis ear and it started to get worse so i took him to the dr today bc he had a bump on his neck and they said it was staph , so does anyone else have a kid who has eczema and gets this? what should i do and how easy is it to catch?

how would i know if i catch it? i have a tiny bump on my ear that looks like a pimple , if it was staph would it itch or hurt? would there be any other symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• Just keep the area clean with soap, (I always prefer Dial) and then apply ointment to it as directed. Keep it covered and try to keep him from scratching it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• First, staph is so easy to catch, I used to work in nursing homes and once we got it it was almost impossible to get rid of.
    I'm surprised your DR didn't give you something for him.
    I'm going to run out of room, so read this: http://www.medicinenet.com/staph_infection/article.htm

Eczema is a pain in the arse! It comes, it goes, some people have it really light others are just cursed with it. But it won't make him more or less likely to get staph infections.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The doctor should have given your son an moisturizer cream or lotion for his eczema. Far as staph infection your doctor should have given you something for it. Staph infection is easily pass by close contact with other people in places like. Daycares, playgrounds,locker rooms,classroom and skin to skin contact etc. When you are touching his bump you need gloves and keep everyone's hands clean. Try WebMD.com. It seems like your doctor hasn't told you anything. If I were you that doctor would call something in for him. Most kids are hospitalized for health reason. Good Luck.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 1:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Did your doctor give your son anything for the staph infection or the eczema? If not, I'm really surprised. m-avi has some really good advice, too. Dial is the best soap there is (I think) for being anti-bacterial.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010