Which of the two do you think shows the most trutful of the two?

The mirror or the camera?

I can look good in front of the mirror but look horrible when I get pictures taken or vice versa. So which would you rely on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think the camera is better prospective on it :) but then again, it's all in your own prospective on if you are pretty or not. for me that depends on my mood more than anything LOL
    Anonymous

• Ugh, well I look best in a mirror, so I HOPE that's the more truthful option, lol. I always look like an idiot in pictures, it never fails. Maybe I'm just too hard on myself though, who knows, haha.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have to say camera just because mirrors can be deceiving (in the way they're made), but then again, the camera can be deceiving too, depending on the angle.

Not to sound vain, but I've been told many times how pretty I am, etc., in person, but I am not photogenic at all. If I get a good photo taken of me, I want to blow it up to poster size!

I also HATE how I look ON camera! I look so bad on tape.
    Anonymous

• its 50/50 for me
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The camera for me. I can focus on the good or bad parts in the mirror, but the camera sees all!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Not everyone is Photogentic and some people who are beautiful don't always take good photos. It's really all based on illusions more then anything. The right angle,lighting and makeup can help a great deal.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:00 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i tend to trust whichever one makes me look best that day (usually the mirror). With a photo you can sit and agonize over it for hours, whereas you don't have that with a mirror.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I say the mirror, when i have my pic taken i can always see a scar under my eye. It makes me feel bad but then everyone says you can't notice.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• when looking into a mirror, its not the real version of yourself that other people see..where as with a camera..it is..i much prefer the mirror as well..pictures i just look damn scary half the time..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• lol thank you alexis_06 for making me feel bad! I don't usually complain when I look in the mirror but I never fail to take a horrible picture!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2008