can taking birth control "jump start" or "reset" your fertility.

i'm trying to get my cycles back to normal which i know is somewhat hard because i'm still nursing my 9 month old but hubby and i want another baby before he leaves for work again for a few months. it took over 2 years to get our first baby. idk what to do that is safe for nursing. i am already taking royal jelly and i am having full cycles again so...any help would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• if you are having full cycles again hormones are not likely to help much. I would see a doctor and have them do some timed blood work. They will take blood at certain times in your cycle to see if you hormone levels are right. If not they will give you a prescription for the hormone you are lacking..usually progesterone, but maybe estrogen. If you take birth control you might mess things up more because you might get the wrong hormone or wrong doses of it. Birth control does a great job of tricking your body into thinking it's pregnant already..so often you don't ovulate..and you WANT to ovulate.
    Long story short..you should see a doctor and become more aware of your cycle and when you are ovulating. Going to see a Natural family Planning instructor can help as well..I recommend Billings or Creighton.
    http://www.naprotechnology.com/
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010