pillows

yesterday I posted a question about my 2 month old DS whom I cannot get to sleep at all. I realized today that he likes to be propped up but he is getting bored with his carseat, swing, bouncy seat I think because they all feel the same. He seems to want like a change of scenery. Anywho, I laid him on a pillow this afternoon and he took a 3 hour nap which he hasnt done ever! Is it really that bad for me to lay him on a pillow on his back if I can see him clearly. As in, in his play pen right next to me. He is laying in there now because I am awake and can watch and he is sound asleep. He also cannot roll over yet. I know the scare is the chance he could suffocate. I just wasn't sure and wanted to see if others moms have done this. Also how successful do you think it would be if I inclined his crib mattress a bit?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 11:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my opinion I don't see a plm with having a more cushioning surface for him to sleep on just as long as you can keep an eye on him. Im glad you found something that works for him.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• what i do for my son is put the pillow under the crib sheet. it still elevates his head but he can't get trapped up under it. GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• great Idea josies mommy!!!!! I never thought of that. OMGOSH sooooooooooooo gonna do that now!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you sooooooo much
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• you're welcome....my ds sleeps so much better now with a pillow and it helps his reflux, i hope it works for your baby too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• They make a curved sleeping wedge for babies called a nap-nanny or nap time-nanny. I saw it at a baby shop the other day. It has raised edges and is for propping up babies who don't sleep well flat. Great for reflux babies. Cant roll off. Hold baby is a perfect incline position,
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't use a pillow, but try a sleep positioner. They have ones that are for reflux babies that should work well. Nap nanny is also a good alternative, especially since you can buckle the baby in it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Mine had the same problem. I propped her up on pillows and she's fine. Now that she's older I've managed to remove the pillow as I understand that it's not good for her back. I'd say do whatever works for him. You are the most in tune with his needs.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have used a pillow with my daughter a few times, & she does seem to sleep better. I was leary about it at first, but I'm always close by. Another nice thing to have if you don't already, is a front baby carrier. You can have your hands free to do things, & a lot of them like being that close & sometimes fall asleep.
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was so scared when I got at my chil's daycare and saw him sleeping over a pillow because hi was only 3 months, but I trust so much the caregiver that she convinced me that it was safe. Ever since he is been sleeping with a pillow, never had a problem, it was just the only way he gets confortable.
    Boyslikemoms

Answer by Boyslikemoms at 9:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010