??getting teeth pulled??

Has anybody gotten all four wisdom teeth pulled out at once.. supposedly mine are impacted and I have to get all four pulled out tomorrow..Kind of nervous about what to expect..!!

LuckyMommie-of3

Asked by LuckyMommie-of3 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• Yeah I did. I was given IV sedation for it and it was the first time I was ever sedated. I was pretty sore for about a week. I took vicodin and motrin for it and was on a liquid or soft diet. Just follow the aftercare instructions to a T or you can end up with a dry socket or infection.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had it done. It wasn't the greatest experience, but after a couple of days you'll be back to normal and after a week or so your mouth will feel much better. Just make sure they give you a pain med Rx just incse!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had it done just last year. I just had laughing gas and novicaine. I found the worst part for me was the noise, but I have that problem with my teeth being cleaned as well. I had them pulled on Thurs. afternoon and was working a craft show that Sat. The next Thurs. was Thanksgiving and I was fine. I only took one or 2 doses of the pain meds and only at bedtime.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, mine never broke the gums, so I had to have them surgically removed. I chose to be sedated. You can ask them to do that as well if it will make you feel better. I think my mouth was sore for about 3-4 days, but it's been 20 years, so I can't remember. Gah I feel old, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had two removed a few years ago. As long as you take your medicine before the pain starts you'll be fine. I ate at lot of ice cream to help with the soreness and swelling. I also soaked cottonballs in mouthwash to numb my gum (sore spots). It also works if your have an toothache. Good Luck!
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 12:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had mine removed in April 2000; I was 19. It hurt to chew anything on my back molars and I figured it to be my wisdom teeth. I made an appointment to have them removed. I was informed of the small chance of my mouth being numb for the rest of my life. I was knocked out for the entire procedure and had dry sockets for a few days. I'm also part of that small percent who has permanently lost feeling in part of my mouth. I can't feel much on the lower right side of my mouth and part of my chin. It bothered me for a long time, but I eventually forgot about it. I'm only reminded when my husband or daughter try to touch that part of my face; it makes me flinch, although not because it hurts.. it just feels super weird.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes and I won't lie. My recovery wasn't great. i felt terrible but with my mom's help still managed to take care of my 3 month old baby. You will be fine. Make sure you have a "babysitter" for you and your children at least for the 1st day & make sure you have a driver to drive you home. Also, some soft foods in the house in case you don't want to eat for awhile.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010