What exactly do bh contractions feel like

I thought that I knew, but after reading posts on here I'm not so sure. Sometimes I feel something like a period cramp in my lower stomach but that's it.

Are those braxton hicks?

ours

Asked by ours at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the period cramp feeling does describe it pretty well. though, obviously, it will not be the same for everyone. the main thing to remember about BH is that they are not regular, and if you have more than four within an hour, you may want to contact your physician. you'll soon know when the real thing kicks in....those get steadily more painful and are far more regular than the BH ever will be. good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• they feel alot like a real contraction, and yes there can be pain associated with it..but they arent regular..i dont remember how many in an hour but they have to be atleast every 5 mins and last more than a minute.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2008