what should i do??

ok, so heres my situation. I am 17 and a senior in highschool. I graduate this year,I am a good kid with a liscence and two jobs, but 3 months ago i found out i was pregnant. I still havent told my dad because hes a single parent and im worried he will think i am a failure. I have been with my boyfriend for two years, but off and on. please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do about what? what is your specific question?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ah. I have been there. I was 19 when I got pregnant. I love my dad like no other and I always feel like I have to prove myself to him. But I promise you he will continue to love you no matter what. Just tell him he is going to be a papa. Dads are the most forgiving and loving
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Answer by Emmalynns_Mommy at 11:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Goodness, I am so sorry, I bet you're scared. I think first thing would be to tell someone who can go with you to tell your dad. You need to get on prenatal vitamins, try and stop drinking caffienated drinks, for the baby, and don't worry- as a woman or child, you are not a failure. We ALL do things we wish we had not, we are ALL human.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Just sit your dad down and talk to him about it. Tell him that you plan on staying in school and everything. You are going to start showing soon and won't be able to hide it for long. Good luck.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I I woul get prenatal care (if you aren't already) and you might as well act like an adult and tell your dad. I know it's scary, but it's not like it's going away hun!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with daniella. Maybe try talking to a school counselor or someone you feel comfortable talking to. You have a lot of decisions and choices to be making and you're going to need your dads help. You're not a failure and this is one of those things in life that may not be what you expected but you'll get through it. Chin up! Best of luck sweetie!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree. Your dad will forgive you, and love you no matter what.
    I was so afraid to tell my mom I was pregnant, -I went up to her, hugged her, and told her ... Im pregnant.
    Keeping a secret is hard and stressful. You should tell him sooner then later. He will have more months to get used to the idea of his baby having a baby. Rather then.. ''Dad Im pregnant, and I'm going to have a baby in a month!'' ''Sorry I didnt tell you sooner!''
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• First of all-- CONGRATS! I agree with kaylan....You are going to have to grow up A LOT now and talking to your dad like an adult is a good way of showing him that you are growing up, and although that is the hardest talk EVER I bet he will appreciate the honesty. (I had my baby when I was 21 and I was still scared to tell my parents!) He may be mad at first, but will get over it and hopefully be there for you and the baby! My sister had her son when she was 17, she had a lot of help from our parents but she is a great mom and you will be too! You are not a failure, and although you think it's a huge deal now everyone will get over it and accept that you are having a baby and be excited for you! I would bring your boyfriend with you to talk to your dad, get to the dr, prenatals, and all that fun mommy stuff. Good luck and know you will be fine :)
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• tell him the sooner you get it over with the less stress you will have to deal with. Good luck & God bless!
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If you are not ready to talk to him that is okay.
    Don't rush into this, but don't wait until Month 9 either.
    It is a hard thing to do.
    It might be easier if you can be more prepared, explaining to him about your intentions & plans (if you plan to move out, quit your jobs, live with the boyfriend, how you will be supported, etc), before coming to him.
    Having been through his own single-parent stuff, he may have a lot of advice to give, you could be surprised...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2010