Where do I report when someone has used my Blog postings without my consent?

Then used them for their website? I want to file a claim. Is that with the FTC?? I know it's copyright infringement.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have had people repost my blogs (from when I was science_spot) as their own. The first person I contacted was the one that was posting them. When she did not remove it I notified the admin of the site she was using to post it and they removed it. If the site hosting it happens to be her own and she is the admin, I suppose you could skip that.

I think the next step is to hire a lawyer. Perhaps they can put some pressure on them to remove the content without having to actually go to court. If you do end up in court, this could cost you some money for the lawyer. I believe you will also have to prove it was your original writing as well as that you lost and/or she gained money from the deception. My understanding is that copyright protection is based on the idea that money is lost/gained/stolen, kwim?
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't think they need your consent. As long as they aren't posting them as their own, I'm not sure there is anything technically legally wrong with it.

However, with that being said...I think your first complaint should be to the site in which they posted this information and see if they will take it down.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yikes!! That's crazy!! How did you find out that they were your stuff? Kind of scary :-S
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 1:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• They are posting them as their own.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010