How do you deal with interfering in-laws (not grandparents) when it comes to your step child.

newstepone

Asked by newstepone at 11:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Need more information, I'm not sure what the problem is.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You don't give much info. It's usually best if your husband deals with his parents.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ok, here's the situation. I've been married for about 6 months and we have custody of my husbands 9 year old daughter. The Ex lives in another state. She and I are very different,but I try to be patient and not argue for the sake of my step-daughter. The problem is not with my step-daughter, it's with her mother and my husbands family (some of them). When the ex comes to town to visit, some members of my husband's family welcome her back like a long lost friend and invite her to family events. This makes me very uncomfortable and hurts my feelings. I understand that we all need to be civil to the ex for the child's sake, but not to that extent. They don't seem to realize (or care) how this makes me feel. When my husband tries to talk to family members, it just ends up in a argument. I'll probably learn how to deal with this as time goes on, but right now it hurts. Is patience the only answer?
    newstepone

Comment by newstepone (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010