What is or was your favorite breastfeeding position?

Mines was the football hold. It was always so comfy. That and the one with me and baby laying down.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like the football too becuase I have have really large breast and it's like the only position where I don't have to worry about suffocating baby.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• blah, i always hated the football hold with a passion for some reason. i guess my favorite one was the 'regular' one....i think it's called cross cradle hold? where their head is in the crook of your arm on whatever side you're nursing on. i also liked laying down especially when they were newborn and we were co-sleeping.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was a football girl, too. I have large breasts, so between that and my c-section, that's just what worked best. We even modified for nights- I would lay on my back, and he would sit up (basically still in the football hold) with his arm across my stomach and his head resting on his shoulder while he nursed. I could sleep, and when he'd fall asleep, he'd just stay there or fall back on his back, and we'd move him if we woke up. Worked like a charm!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Football hold was much easier for me bc I am a very big busted girl.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• With my newborn, the football worked the best. I have extremely hyperactive flow and fast letdown. But once he got a little bigger, it didn't work so well. The cradle (the "normal") hold works best during the day, and at night, lying down. We're co-sleeping because it's easier for me to feed him, neither of us wake up completely and get more sleep, and for a first time mommy, having my baby next to me all night makes me less stressed.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 12:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My favorite was the cradle, with him on the left breast. I always fed him evenly on both sides but I liked left better. Maybe because I'm right handed? I could only do the football hold for a little while, my son got big quick so he was like laying behind me while nursing haha
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Oh and laying down also.
    Amelia512

• I can't stand football hold. I'm not sure why though! LOL I like just regular cradle hold and laying down with my baby.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Foot ball hold or laying down
    JessieW22

Answer by JessieW22 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was sleeping on my back last night and my dd woke up. I heard her moving around but she didn't cry. She pulled up on me. Moved my tank out of her way and latched on. that's been my fav. so far. :)
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 5:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010