What can I do about my 3 year olds cavitys?

Do I just wait for them to fall out? I need to make an apointment with is dentist but until I can make it to the doctor with him he says it hurts in the back of his mouth.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd make an appt right away.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• take him to the dentist and they will give him fillings.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Why wait to go to the dentist? Why does your 3 year old have cavities? That is strange to me.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Bring him to the dentist asap.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Get him to the dentist ASAP! In the meantime, you can try Orajel for the pain.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Get him to the dentist ASAP!!!!!!!!! That is one of the worst pains you can be it!!! Poor kid!!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Phone the dentist first thing and get him in straight away. Apart from the pain if he gets an abscess it could turn nasty.

How do you know he has a cavity or cavities?. A 3 year old shouldn't have cavities.
    Sharron_

Answer by Sharron_ at 2:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Do not wait...take him to the dentist to get them taken care of.

My daughter was 4 and had enough rotting in her mouth to where she needed 5 (yes FIVE) crowns...she went to the dentist in December and all was well (and I was told I did a 95% good job at cleaning her teeth)...by June I was told she had cavities and it was too much and it was too deep for just drilling/filling. Her pediatric dentist told me that her enamel didn't form properly and it just took the 4 years for it to wear down.

So it's very easy for a 3 year old to have cavities.......and, shockingly enough, it's even possible for it to NOT be at the fault of the parents.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Stop judging this poor mom and educate yourselves..... as AllAboutKeeley said.... "So it's very easy for a 3 year old to have cavities.......and, shockingly enough, it's even possible for it to NOT be at the fault of the parents."!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• the best thing is a ped den. My son just had 8 caps put on and he hadnt even turned 3 yet =( he has whats called weak enamel , and a cavity can start and within 3 months his tooth can almost be gone =(
    bwsmommy

Answer by bwsmommy at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010