Mother, Son vacation.

Hi, I was thinking about taking my 15 year old son on vacation, just the two of us, just for a few days. I want to go someone warm, but my sons at that age,15, where everything embarasses him. I want so Quality time with my son so we can chat and bond. Any suggestions on where I should go, and waht type of things a 15 year old boy would want to do with mom. Thanks so much.

AvatModelMommie

Asked by AvatModelMommie at 12:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Why don't you ask him where he would like to go on vacation? Just don't tell him that you want quality time with him and bond. If you tell him that, then he won't want to go.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Think of something yall could do, like painting together, scuba diving, help build a house with habitat for humanity...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My son and I have been on several trips together. We spend a week in Florida every winter, and in the summer we camp near home. He's seldom bored. When we camp, there is hiking, swimming, nature programs, and just hanging out at the beach or the campsite. Cooking over an open fire takes time and is fun to do together. A couple of times, he has brought along a friend. In Florida, we alternate between the Orlando area and and the Gulf Coast. We've never run out of things for a mom and son to do there. When he was younger there was Disney and Universal. Now that he is older, there is the Space Center, Zoos, State Parks and the beach of course. The baseball teams have there spring training there, so we usually take in a game. I try to arrange a few times when aren't together and do things separately just to give us both a break. It's a lot more comfortable to get a place where we can prepare our own meals.
    JMelanson

Answer by JMelanson at 8:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i have a 16 year old son and i always ask him what he wants to do. i suggest some things and if he dont want to do the things i suggest i always say well what would you like to do? it usually works.
    momma201176

Answer by momma201176 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010