Bikini question

So I was on vacation with my DH and son and a few family friends, in key West FL, we were sitting out this outdoor bar one day just relaxing, and I got approached by the manger if I wanted to be in the bikini contest. I was with my husband and son, so I said thanks but no thanks well my two friends heard about this and were like Kerri you are entering this contest so I did, and it was tons of fun, but now I feel awkward because I am a mom of a teenage son. Was this inappropriate to do or do you guys think its just good clean fun?

kerrib2b

Asked by kerrib2b at 12:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• good clean fun. I am sure no teenager wants to see his mom in a bikini contest...but it's your life and just because you are a mom doesn't mean you have to stop having fun! He will get over it.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If you've got it, flaunt it, mama! You can embarrass your son! LOL I say good clean fun!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would kill to be able to wear a bikini lol. I think it's great that you did it!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If you thought it was fun--great. But you still allowed complete strangers to gawk at you in a bikini. I would be pretty embarassed if my mom did something like that.
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Honestly, that is just a judgement call, if you think of it as good clean fun, it doesn't matter what others think....If it bothers your son, well, lots of things bother teenagers...you are not just a mom, you are also wife, woman, etc.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would have entered the contest too. it was fun right? well it was worth it then. just because you're a mom doesnt mean the fun has to stop.
    momma201176

Answer by momma201176 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010