When should my baby be ............?

How old when she should be sitting up? Holding her own bottle? Rolling over by herself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rolling over is 4-7 months, solo sitting is the same I think. Holding her own bottle is a milestone, though I'm not entirely sure when for that one. BTW Gailll, holding the bottle means that they have the coordination to hold it and bring it to their mouth, it doesn't mean the baby feeds themself.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Babies should never hold their own bottle. If you opt to artificially feed then it's recommended to try and make it most like breastfeeding as possible to minimize the disadvantages to the child. Always hold your baby and the bottle and switch sides. This will help with physical and eye development.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My sons were sitting up at about six months I believe. Rolling over I think was four or five. My second son has a bottle and he could hold it at eight months probably. A tippy as well.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I do not recall at what age any of that shit happened, although I wish I did. I asked everyone I knew to get me a baby book so I could record those things for my son when I was prego with him but noone did! And by the time he came into our lives, we did not have the money to spend on something like that, clothes, and trying out different bottles and such were more important than a 15$ baby book. Yes(before some idiot says it), I know I could have written the shit down in a 1$ notebbook from the dollar store but I did not want to. And on top of this SO's mom just gave me a baby-book the other day which looks so old with stains and shit on the cover(like she just found it in a closet, it's repulsive). I told SO" I don't want it, give it back to her". But I know he won't, so I will. I wanted it when I asked for it, and as new and no other way!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2010