Left Handed Children

I was wondering if any parents have a child who is a lefty and a child who is a righty..Do you notice any difference in the children..I am a mom of 5 and I have only one left handed child. But he is the most calm of the five.The most giving of the 5. The quiter the one who loves to learn and reads books..Could this simply be a difference in children or could it be because they use the oppisite side of there brains than right handed children do?

carterclan02

Asked by carterclan02 at 1:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is a lefty and he is so energetic an never calm. He always has questions and wants to know everything that is going on around him, he is 5 and he is just so fun.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think its more about personality than anything. I have a left handed kid, and a right handed kid. My left handed is very energetic to the point of being hyper, though he does have a very generous heart.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have a right handed child and a left handed child. My lefty is also calm and very inward, but speaks her mind when it calls for it. My righty has a problem with not holding her tongue sometimes. Also my lefty makes better grades than my righty and is good at reading, spelling, language, but struggles in math. My righty is completely opposite.  I think its a personality thing, but which side of the brain is used has alot to do with someones personality. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• This is so interesting!!! My little lefty really has to be in a bad mood to even stick up for himself among his siblings..Most of the time he would rather give in than to argue..my right handed kids do there school work and do it well but they don't have the desire to learn as he does..He would rather sit and learn something new than to go out and play or watch a movie or play a game..I find it so intriging...
    carterclan02

Comment by carterclan02 (original poster) at 3:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• my lefty lets her younger sister beat up on her (which i tell her not to), she always says oh she doesnt understand. she also likes to go to school and loves everyone. she does have a terrible temper when she wants to. i have been known to have to carry her up the stairs and put her into time out cause she just wont go. (and at 50lbs its not fun to carry her)
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Only DD5 is left-handed out of all of us. She has Down syndrome so it's hard to say whether her gentle personality is from her leftyness or the DS or from just being a sweet child.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Out of all 7 only one of mine is a lefty.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am a mom of 5. My 3 girls are all left handed and my 2 boys are right handed. My oldest boy is the most thoughtful and caring child, he is very sensitive about thinfs to. My other boy can be a handful, and I wonder why he does some of the things he does, but he too is thoughtful of other people. My girls are very out spoken when they are upset or pissed off, but at the same times are very thoughtful and caring of other people. It's crazy that its just my girls that are left handed.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010