When are you ready?

How do you know when your ready to have another child? I want another very much, it would be so nice for my daughter to have a playmate as well. She is one and a half years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it depends on you but having 2 kids in diapers at the same time is hard my kids are 3 years apart my son wasnt potty trained yet but its up to you when you want another child
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My kids are close in age. The first two are 13 months apart, and my last baby is 3 years and a day younger than my first. It's tough to have them so close, but well worth it IMO.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My boys are only 12 1/2 months apart and I love it. I did not plan on them being so close. We had a surprise second pregnancy but I love having them so close. I did not have to readjust to having a tiny baby. Having them both in diapers has not been a big deal to me. I just change them both at the same time. If you really feel like you are ready and your SO feels the same way than I say go for it! Good Luck!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You've had a baby before, if you think you can add the expense and the extra workload of another baby to the one you have now, it's time:) Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• your ready when you feel you are able to care for two small children and deal with the up all nights and the diapers and the teething again only you will know when you are ready
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My daughter had 4 children close together and she wishes she had waited at least 2 or 3 years apart. It is really hard. She had a daughter in July of 2003, Twin daughters in July of 2004 and a son in December of 2005. All in diapers at once. Now that they are all potty trained they fight bad all of the time. She can't even carry them to the grocery store or Walmart without them making a scene. They are always fighting for the attention of Mom and Dad or anyone that will give attention to them. They didn't get to be babies long enough!! I am the Nanna and they wear me out. It usually takes 4 adults to the 4 children to get any peace and quiet. Then it is hard!! Just know that they have to grow up too fast and have to fight for attention, even if think you can give it to them, they will still be jelous of you and fight!!!! I had 2 at 2 1/2 years apart and that was kinda hard as well. Good luck!!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:02 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• When you have another child is a personal decision. If you feel you're ready and you want one so much, then it's time to talk to your husband and not strangers on the cafe. ;) I have had four children in four years. Three boys and finally a girl and they're now 4y, 3y, 21m, and 5m. I'll tell you.. Closely spaced siblings are not for everyone.. But maybe they're for you. :) There's a lot to be said for having kids close together.. But I think there might be a lot to be said for waiting, as well. So good luck, Mama.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 9:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2008