Is God calling his people out of the Church??

I had heard this, and was wondering... To stay in Church, or leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religious Debate

• i agree with shaneagle---you are specifying church as a building---we the people are the church--we the people are HIS disciples--i can have "church" in my house, on the streets, on the internet---where more then 1 gather is what makes the church--NOT the building---but i do thing the "way" of the church is changing as it should--it isn't all about the building anymore---is should be about a relationship with HIM
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 3:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think CHURCHES are pushing God's people out. Many (not all) seem to be focused on more secular things than on Godly things, such as what everyone is wearing to church and getting more and more money to build huge buildings. The last church we attended before I left Christianity was one of those churches. I also find those so-called "mega churches" very disgusting.

I think Christians would be better off and get closer to God if they left the churches and simply held Bible studies in their homes. IF God is calling Christians out of church, maybe that's what God wants.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well if it is not God calling me out of the church then the church itself is doing a good job of pushing me out. I do not go to church anymore because I do not trust the word of the pastors. They say they are there to teach you the word of God but yet there all seem to have a different opinion of what that word is or means. I have gone to several churches and they all contradict each other. I am done, I will read the Bible myself and God will still love me.

While someone else does not understand your question I understand exactly what you are saying. There are churches out there who tell you that to please God and get to heaven you MUST go to Church. I have been to them and I will NEVER go back there again (creepy).
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 8:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No He is calling His people to BE the church... take what you are equipped with and take it to the streets... I dont mean hell and brimestone evangelism either... more like praying for people for healing, sharing Christ's love that kind of thing.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't no the bible say to don't forsake the assembly.I guess you have to do what you believe is right for you and your family.Or maybe you need to fined a knew church.I no I haven't been in a while myself.I some time wonder if I should go back.I dont think I help on this lol
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 4:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't understand your question. It's your choice you have to decide. You can do more then one thing you can go to church and do things outside of church that make you happy until you decide.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have not heard this, but it's an interesting question. The Bible tells us not to forsake the assembling together of ourselves. It's wonderful when you find a body of Christ to worship Him together with, raise your voice in praise and worship, and learn of Him with. So,not sure about whether He wants us to leave it or not.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 8:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Like others have said, God in his Word has said not to forsake the assembling together. Fellowship with other Christians is part of worship. There are those looking for perfection in people in church. Here on earth that search is in vain. We're all people who do the best we can. We mess up and we try again. God is, was, and always shall be. Why would he change His mind about it?
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I believe many people feel "called out of the church", yes.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't think God is calling people out of the church but I do think that God is calling churches or the church in general to the original and correct government of the church which is the Five Fold Ministry. We shouldn't have one part without the other because they need to all work together.

http://basicbiblestudies.tripod.com/five_fold_ministry.htm

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010