Is it possible for a baby to cut two teeth at the same time?

I've noticed my DD's first tooth broke the surface a few days ago (bottom front incisor). Today, however it looks like the one next to it is about to break the surface too. Do they cut teeth in such close succession? ( I ask because I've had a few false alarms where I thought I felt a tooth and then nothing happened :) I'm so excited) I know they will come when they're ready and it seems a bit silly to be waiting for those toothies, but I can't help myself. My LO's growing up :)

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 3:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not just possible but highly likely..I have 5 children and each one of them cut teeth the same way..I agree with luvmygrlz when she said once you cut one they start popping in like crazy...This is very true!!!
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes it's very possible and once one comes in they star popping up like crazy. Teething tablets and frozen waffles are great teething soothers.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes it happens all the time. Wiat til there's a little older lol they start teething to a point where you don't know were the tooth is coming in at lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Definitely, and I think it is good. It gets the discomfort for two teeth pushed into one.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's totally possible. My daughter rarely got just one tooth at a time. Her first two teeth came in at the same time, then her third and fourth, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep. My son got all of his front teeth in twos.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes my son got his first two one day apart!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes, my DS's bottom two front teeth came in at the same time.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My son has been getting all of his teeth in twos also.
    crice913

Answer by crice913 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• very very likely!! Pretty much all of my son's teeth came in pairs. He also managed to cut 8 teeth in less than 2 months... yikes.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010