• In the Spotlight:

I was walking at the mall today and saw all these mothers that I was just like, wow I could never imagine being like them....

and I thought... do I seem that lame?
What do you guys think the perfect mother would be like? Like does it have to be 101 percent mom ? Do you guys ever think when you became pregnante you lost a little of yourself in that? I guess my question is, what type of mother would you look down on or think diffrently about if you saw them? I dont know if this makes any sence.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• nope it doesn't *pregnant*
    Anonymous

• No, it doesn't make SENSE... *pregnant*

I do not sit there and judge people like that.
    Anonymous

• i dont really look down on other moms you dont know their situation some moms try really hard to do everything they can for their kids and to try to teach them right from wrong and no mom can be perfect or 100% i try my best and i can only do so much for my kids i feel bad but i do my best
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• but you judge spelling errors LOL too funny!

OK, OP. I only judge a mother if she is harming her children. I don't care what she wears or how she looks. But if she's being mean to her children, I will look down on that.
    Anonymous

• No, I wasn't judging her anonymous, I was correcting her. Two different things. I want to be corrected with things like that too.
    Anonymous

• I think I know what you mean you see moms out and about and think either good or bad comparing yourself to them. you wonder is it only your kids who scream in the store or why I would never talk to my kid like that.
    sometimes I catch myself thinking about how I am old now I am almost 50 and my god I never thought I would be hanging clothes on the line with a baby hanging in a sling. come on I was the radical kid when did I grow up. when did I change but in reality it has been good changes but I still don't feel grown up.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• shes just asking a question and alot of people misspell i know i do im not perfect and i dont try to be i see some people can be harsh on here
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I judge Mom;s in coats carrying babies with no outerwear when it;s cold. I judge Mom's in malls with bags full of crap perfect hair and nails and a toddler in a dirty shirt, dirty diaper, with a dirty face. I judge Mom's in the park that don't watch their 3 yr olds when they hit kids, try to take their things then wander off, I judge Mom's on drugs who will buy dope before diapers. If you're any of those kinds of Moms, I'll judge you too! If you plan to take care of your offspring, plan to get the thumbs up from me! Actions speak louder than words.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i think i know what you mean. sometimes i'll see kids on leashes...and i think omg i would never do that to my kid...it's called teaching them to listen to you and hold your hand, and these days people are too lazy to teach their children that...my son is 19 months and knows that he has to hold my hand when we're in public, i have no problems taking him into wal-mart. i wouldn't say that i judge them...i would say more on the lines of it "urks" me...

but as for what they look like or what they wear, i really could care less about that. a mom is a mom, and what their wardrobe is shouldn't matter.
    Anonymous

• but as for what they look like or what they wear, i really could care less about that. a mom is a mom, and what their wardrobe is shouldn't matter.

ok i'm quoting myself cuz i forgot to mention...their wardrobe doesn't matter to me as long as they are taking care of their child as well. like the pp said, if the mom is in expensive clothes, hair all did and nails done, and the kids look like their stuff is hand me downs or something(not only once but all the time. i know some moms put their kids in clothes they don't care about if they're going to daycare and doing arts and crafts that is messy, and they look nice for work. that's different) then that urks me too.
    Anonymous