Ever been so exhausted that you hallucinate?

DDs teething changed her sleeping patterns dramatically (from sleeping to not at all). I haven't slept well since... since birth really (comes with the territory :) ) But these past few weeks have just pushed me over the edge. I don't feel like doing anything except stare at stuff. lol. And... here's the odd part.. I keep seeing bugs flying around her when she's sleeping. When I get up to shoo them away, there's nothing. I also saw my laundry basket move out of the corner of my eye. Please tell me I'm not losing my marbles

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 3:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• I have occasionally. The worst time was after my son was born. I was induced, had a long hard labor that ended in a c-section. I've always had trouble going to sleep and you know the nurses come check on you or the baby every hour. I kept trying to sleep and couldn't, and then I got so exhausted that I was seeing things that made me afraid to close my eyes. I finally got some sleep once I got home, but that was a rough start to motherhood. Most of the time I can handle sleep deprivation pretty well, so I know I was beyond exhausted to get to that point. Hope you have someone who can help you out! Definitely sounds like you could use a break.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No but when i had sleep problems I went to see a doc and he put me on ambien...I hullucinated while on those sleep meds..would wake up with no memory of the night before..needless to say quickly came off that and found one glass of wine helped to relax me enough to sleep.. I suggest you get some rest before it effects your health..
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Quickly get some help! Husband, family, friends to take of the preasure and have yourself a good night sleep. Insomnia can do funny stuff to you. It always creeps my out, when I realize I'm so exhausted I can't concentrate proberly, yet I have to take care my daughter. Lack of focus is dangerous, an accident can be just around the corner.
    Try and take some me-time. You need it.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2010