Do you think it's odd for your blood family to see you less the dressed?

Or if your 16 boy or girl walked out of the bathroom with a towel and walked around for a few before getting dressed but they had a towel to cover everything.

I personally will not care if my son does this and wouldn't think much of it if he saw me in jeans and a bra or a slip.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 3:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• For me personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't intend to raise my children to think that nudity (full or partial) is something to be ashamed of. It was a common thing for my mom to walk around in nothing but underwear and socks while I was growing up. She's...overweight, to be nice, but still it was no big deal. Seeing my kid in a towel wouldn't bother me at all, so long as it didn't bother them. The same goes for me being in that situation.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it but I have 4 boys and we do not allow that..Even at the young age they are..They know when my bathroom or bedroom door is shut they may not enter..of course with this said we try to respect each others privacy and of course there are at times when they come barging right into the bathroom while im in there..
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• lol..My youngest took showers with me till he was 3 that is when he began to notice my BB's and other area's..I had never allowed any of my other children including my DD to take showers with me..I felt it was convient because of how many showers were being given each night..Well honestly that wigged me out.. Never again....lol...
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'd say it's ok up untill a certain age and sex. With your same sex child, it would be allright because you have the same tools. :) As they grow up, they aren't supposed to know what the opposite sex looks like under their clothes. You need to teach them about privacy. I went out with this one guy who's mom still came in when he bathed and would shower while he's in the bath. That's just bloody creepy. We were 18 at the time. So to answer your question, yep. It creeps me out.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Experts will tell you to start covering up in frony of a child when there are 3. Also, if you don't then you are kinda sending a message that nothing is private and putting your child in a confused state and possible risk for being sexually abused by others.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think it's okay when the kids are younger,( like maybe up to 10), but privacy should be respected, although young kids won't always remember that!
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 6:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm fine with anything that would be as revealing as what I or they wear on the beach. My DS15 is ultra-modest however. LOL He barely walks around without socks!!!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Lol I have a almost 4 year old so for me it's not a big deal I assume this is how I would be when he is 16.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Haha that's funny. My son trys to grab my boobs when I put a bra on the first time he did it I was shocked and quickly moved his hands an told him not those aren't parts to be touched on mommy. My son wasn't breat feed so I joke around when he starts getting close to me that they are my boobies never his and he laughs and goes on his way but he is autistic so he means nothing odd by it

Oh but I had to stop my husband from smacking my butt or grabbing it cause one day after my husband did it my son repeats the action (he was a little over 2 at the time). But I was mad at my husband for doing it knowing our son liked to copy other peoples actions.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 3:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010