Do you believe in love at first sight?

Did it happen to you? How long did it last/ is it lasting?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Not at all. I believe there can be strong mutual attraction at first sight, but not love. There was a very, very strong chemistry between my husband and I the first time we met, but I don't believe it was love at that point. We've been together over 15 years, by the way, so obviously there IS love, but I think it took time to develop.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Nope!!! Lust maybe...Lust can almost feel as strong as love!!
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes I do believe in it and I and dh are an example of it. I also believe you can fall in love over the internet, as I and dh are also an example of it. We celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary in a week, been together 11 years total, have 2 great kids :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes! it happened to me! I met my DF & it felt like a ton of bricks! We are so in love! I am a lucky woman.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• nope this kind of "love" is dangerous TIME is needed to fall in love.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep....been married for 21 years - together for 25. Blissfully happy!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 6:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes. But be careful, love at first or second sight is deceiving. You see things with him in a different light. Then when you fall out of love with that person after two years, you see that man and think what the heck was the big deal over him? You start to see the flaws and physical part that just does not do it for you anymore. It is hard to explain love at first sight, but it does not last........
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes, I believe in love at first sight because it happened to me:) We've been together for over 3 years and are getting married and have a little on e on the way and we couldn't be happier! We are still crazy in love with each other:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Oh, yes, I do. I fell in love with my husband the moment I first saw him, in 6th grade, and I knew then that he was going to be "the one" regardless of where life took us. And here we are today, happily married. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Not I don't. You can't love someone you don't even know. People are mistaking lust as love.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010