Does it really cost money to get your baby circumsized???

whyy??they should just do it for free

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Because it is not medically needed. it is considered plastic surgery as it should be. its 250$ here in arizona, idk if its different state to state.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• we had our sond done when he was a month old and it ran about 500 dollars but if done at birth it would have been about half that.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• um yeah... most insurance's pay for it, ours did. but the bill was 300.00 even...thank goodness we didn't have to pay for it
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• it's covered if it's part of your religion to do it, like Jews. but then it's done 2 weeks later by the rabbi
    Anonymous

• It's a cosmetic surgery, there's no need for it. That's why they charge you...and state aid won't pay for it either. In my area it's $400.

www.circumcision.org

It's not neccessary.  Read up!

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I don't know...... my DS is 7 and I just remembered that AFTER insurance HIS hospital bill was $50 and HIS Dr. bill was $70..... I don't remember what was what on the bill I just remember what the final bill was AFTER insurance paid.

So I'm surprised to see all these post about paying hundreds of dollars for circumcisions. Is it something that has recently changed with insurances. Cause like I said 7 years ago I only had to pay $50 for my DS hospital bill and $70 for HIS Dr bill. The insurance paid everything else.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yeah, it was changed here in Arizona a few years ago. I think it was changed about 3-4 years ago...I could be wrong though.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Nicole, you had a good deal then, lol!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• SAHMinIL - most if not all Ins. companies aren't covering circumcision at all since doctors say it's cosmetic only.

also if you get it done after they are born, the price is a lot higher because they actually put them to sleep to do it. at the hospital after birth, it's very cheap because they don't do anything but snip it and maybe some topical numbing agent.
    Anonymous

• Last anonymous, they dont always put the baby to sleep if they do it after they leave the hospital.
    Anonymous