Selfish DH accuses me of being selfish.

My DH and I work full time. We agreed to take shifts feeding our DD. Two months ago, I started taking his shift here and there because he was sick, or he had a hard day at work or I just felt like spoiling him a little. Unfortunately he started thinking that it's his right to get a full night's rest. She's been teething and I'm exhausted in every way. I'm so tired that I'm seeing things that aren't there. Last night I told him that I need some rest and it's his turn to take the night shift. He started fighting with me, telling me that i'm selfish. I know he has a cold and tomorrow is going to hard day for him at work. He grabbed his pillow and stormed off to sleep in the spare bedroom. WTF?!! If anybody sees a solution here, I'd appreciate it. I'm performing poorly at work and I feel awful.

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 3:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Boy have I been there done that lol. yeah it sucks big time. At least all you have is teething, both my kids had GERD and would scream for hours. Here's what I suggest: If you sleep 8 hours a night then one of you watch kiddo the first 4 hours and the other take the other 4 hours. Some sleep is better than no sleep. Tell him you're about to be fired at work!!!! Also see if grandma can help out some even if its just once a week.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would tell him that you might not have a job soon. If he asks why explain because the lack of sleep is affecting your work. Also state that if you loose your job how will you afford certain luxuries that he loves....and that certain things will need to go away...that might make him realize that you need help.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010