All the single moms out there

Do you regret leaving your SO and raising your child on your own? Despite the hardships of being a single mom, can you say you're happier without him? Be honest, I know it seems weak it you admit to it but I would really like it straight out please.

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 3:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• My divorce was done yesterday and will be final in Jan. I have my up and down moments but I'm happier when I'm not around him...truly.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was a single mom of 2 at one point I have remarried and have been remarried for the last 10 years and no I have regrets, You know whats right in your heart..Sometimes the child is just better without the SO in there life..I knew i was right by leaving and he hasn't seen his kids in 9 years..His choice not mine..I knew that he would never be mature enough to help me raise them properly and knew i could do a better job alone..I didn't want them hurt..As of now my oldest is 12 and my other child from that marriage is 9..I also choose not to collect childsupport because i didn't want to force him to be a part of their life if he didn't completely choose to be..I have heard that I am wrong and should have made him pay but somethings just aren't worse the hassle not even money...
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• carterclan you are a very strong and great women for realizing that your children are better off w/o your ex(there father) in there lives. I see women just stay with a man just cause they have children or they push the children down there neck and throw shit in there face like child support. My hubby pays child support for another child and the childs mother never allows us to see the child. We are there to pick up the child for our visits and she will not answer her door or phone. She has went out her window with the child so we wouldn't get the child. She just wants the money. Yes we have been in court a number of times over this shit. so anyways i have never been a single mom but i don't care my DD comes before anyone in this world so if I had to leave my hubby because it was in the best interest of my DD i would without a second thought. I have a lot of respect for single parents ALOT.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Leaving my ex was the best choice I ever made. I have been lucky. I have not struggled financially & although the custody battle was a bit dramatic, it worked out for the best in the end. I have a great support system. I have had it easier than most. I don't regret it at all. I have met the love of my life, & I am happier than I have ever been in my life.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I believe I'm better off without him. He is still very involved in our sons life.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010