How much xbox or ps3 should a child be allowed to play a day

My kids would play 24/7 if i would let them..However I won't allow it and give them one hour per day if they have good behavior and ect. I still even feel at time this is 2 much because I have 5 children and they each take there hour but tend to watch each other play. That is 5 hours of either playing or watching..I don't want them to feel like I am punishing them by making it shorter but i don't know what else to do..

carterclan02

Asked by carterclan02 at 3:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have a 30 minute screen time limit in my house for week days - and even that has to be earned. Each boy has his own 30 minutes and if he wastes it watching a brother play, that's his issue.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Hmm. Maybe tell them they can play on weekends only. You don't want video games to interefere with schoolwork. My ds is just 5 and he plays Nintendo Wii at his grandparents' like everyday and I dunno how long he plays when he's down there but so far he does his homework and turns it in early but I do think it may become a problem once there's more homework.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think an hour is good. Get them into a hobby!
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• An hour. My problems start when the days get shorter because my kids love to play outside.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2010