Is this labor?

I am 37 weeks 6 days - with my daughter 19 years ago labor was induced so I'm not really sure what it feels like. I just woke up with lower back pain and cramps that feel like my period - including the pain down the back of my legs that sometimes comes with those cramps. It seems like it's going away after a few minutes, and I'm super sleepy, but I'm pretty sure bad back pain and cramping woke me up about 10 minutes before I woke up this time.

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Start recodin the times of the cramps. Sometimes labor strts off like you described and goes on that way for a day or more. I woke up one Sturday morning with really bad cramps and they never really went away but were better after a couple of hours, They continued on and by 9pm I was having contractions 5 mins apart and by 1 am they were 1 min apart. DD was born at 6:57 am Sunday norning :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• sounds like early stage of labor to me. Call your doctor and ask when he/she wants you to head to the hospital. Most want you to wait until your contractions are 5 min apart.
    FinaOrlando

Answer by FinaOrlando at 9:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Could be early labor or braxton hicks...
    cancerfighter

Answer by cancerfighter at 10:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• A lot of times you will need dto watch and time the contractions until you have 24 of them in 2 hours.... I have had them up to 20 in 2 hours then they stop so good luck!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 2:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010