are you self-taught in anything?

I have 3 things that I want to teach myself. Sewing, guitar and piano. I also never learned how to drive because I wasn't allowed to growing up and now its become in my mind like "I can't do it" and dh nver has enough time really to show me. We're both super busy. How long would you say it would take someon to learn to drive? The written test and the driving test if say, I could only work on it once or twce a week? Btw, no rude comments please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I didn't get my license until I was 21 and then I went to driving school. The written part was easy but the driving part I found difficult. In the state I got my license they had this weird maneuverability course and I just couldn't do it. Failed 3 times b/c of it! I think if you work at it you can do it in a few months if you only work on it a few times a week. Find a big old empty parking lot and go for it! You can do anything u put ur mind to!
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 4:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am a natural at scrap booking and picked it up on my own
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I recently taught myself to sew! It is way easier than I ever thought it would be and it is actually alot of fun! Right now I am making dinosaur tails for my son and his friends to wear at his birthday party this Saturday. I agree, you can do anything you put your mind to!
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 5:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sewing, crocheting and knitting. If it counts, I also have mostly learned about my religion on my own.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• if you can afford it look into taking the local drivers educational course most include book learning and driving time. Even by yourself it should not take you long to learn as long as you have paid attention to how other are controlling the car when you are riding in it. Good Luck and have fun.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 12:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I taught myself how to hand paint and screen print clothes, how to make jewelry and more then I took what I taught myself and what I was taught growing up and started my own small business :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I taught myself how to crochet. My mother sewed but I mostly taught myself.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I taught myself how to cook, I taught myself all the homemaking skills I have, I taught myself to read, any art skills I have are self-taught, you can teach yourself just about anything if you are determined enough.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I taught myself to knit and sew. Now I'm working on crochet
    jb1663

Answer by jb1663 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You can teach yourself to do anything you put your energy into. I taught myself my profession (was a medical transcriptionist for 25+ years, had to stop after a car accident did nerve damage to my arm and back) - taught myself the medical terms and bought all the reference books so I could look up what I didn't know and went from there. Could work for myself from home by the time I had my daughter 10 years after I started. Taught myself how to make stained glass artwork (from a book), and have taught myself a lot of different crafts from books. To drive - you can learn all the written stuff online or from the books they use in the classes - think the MVA would tell you want you need. Get into a class with an instructor for the part DH doesn't have time to teach you. GL - you can do whatever you set your mind to !!!!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2010