Is it me, or is this inappropriate? adult content

So, my SO has been hanging with one of our friends today and SO was talking about how he "gets off" on porn, talking about other women's boobs and about how much fun his ex was. Now I will add that I am pregnant and a little moody, but I think this type of conversation is very inappropriate, especially when it is in my home within earshot of me. I would like to hear other women's opinions on this matter, and what you would do if ever in this type of situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• lol um I would be telling SO off up one side and down the other. Furthermore, I wouldn't be allowing porn to be viewed by him. That's so disrespectful.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I agree with the porn issue, but he gets off work at around 3 in the morning...I am usually sleeping and that is when he watches it, and then he thinks he can touch me, HA!!!
    momof4boys1980

Answer by momof4boys1980 at 4:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• What a jerk!! And all this while you are pregnant! I agree with sweetloveofmine. VERY disrespectful.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• boys will be boys but the ex part would piss me off
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't appreciate it, & I wouldn't want to hear my hubby talking about it, especially the ex part. It's rude on his part to be so immature, especially while your pregnant. Some guys will say the dumbest things around their friends, like they're trying to impress eachother! Good luck!
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 5:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's not mature nor respectful. Could you imagine hearing your father or grandfather talking about their wives like that? I'm sorry that you're going through this. It sounds challenging, at best.
    SBMommies

Answer by SBMommies at 6:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Wow! Does he think it would be disrespectful of you to be talking to your girlfriends about how an ex had the most amazing penis ever?!? Or how you get so hot watching the really built guy down the street work without a shirt on? My guess is that he would see that as disrespectful - maybe those examples would help him understand.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• that is completely disrespectful. if i had to hear my husband say such things we would be have very long discussion which would end me telling him that until he learns to respect me he will just have to go without touching me.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think it was stupid of him to be talking about it that close to you, but other than that I really don't think it was that bad. I don't know about other women, but I know that my friends and I talk about sex and stuff like that, and how guys "measure up" pretty much every time we get together. Granted, we don't do it in front of any current SOs, but it's a main topic of conversation for us.

He has a past, most people do. Yes, it was stupid and disrespectful of him to talk about it around you, but I think that men and women talk about it a lot. But, generally people are more careful about where they talk about it.

I'm sorry that you had to hear that :( It really sucks, I know. I doubt that he intended to hurt you, though. I would mention it to him, and tell him that you understand that talking about things like that is normal, but it hurts you to overhear it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• He does not ssem to have any sense. What is like in the rest of his life? Does he understand what is appropriate in most situations.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2010