How long should a church service be?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 4:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It shouldn't be timed. If its being timed or people can't wait til itsover then that's a big sign of people thinking too much of their own agenda.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't think you should put a time on Gods word.Even though I have been guilty at time wonder when it was going to end lol.Some people might just need the extra time.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 4:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm very glad God doesn't put a time limit on us. It would be bad if we tried to talk to Him and He said"Not now, I'm tired of talking to you."
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• when you're ready to leave or feel you've gotten what you want out of it. Its a relationship thats personal between you and your god, not the humans that help support the cause.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• People made time it doesn't matter to God. You can keep holy the sabbath before and after services.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I've seen services that were short and sweet, and i've seen some that last quite a bit. Unless my husband has to work the afternoon shift at work on the first day of the week (Sunday) then I'm in no hurry.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• However long the Holy Spirit wants it to be. He has free reign.... thats relational... religious churches are ones that have a 3 song, 3 point sermon and 30 min fellowship after.
    My church starts about 6 pm and we leave around 10. It goes by fast when Holy Spirit is free to do what He wants to do with the people! We are family and we enjoy each other!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Seeing as Paul said let all things (regarding worship) be done in decency and in order, it can and should take some time. Some men pray longer or preach longer so it may vary. Communion may take longer because there are more people in attendance. Worship is the point of the service. Being in the presence of God with those who share your faith should be a sacred and anticipated time.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i know as a Christian were supposed to say "until God's message has been delivered"...but honestly, the adult attention span is only about an hour long if that. once a preacher starts to repeat or drift off then its time to stop. when ppl are no longer listening, its time to stop.

but then i view the sermon as for us...its not worship, the worship shouldnt have a time limit, but the preacher should.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You should put a time limit on God and a service to worship Him.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010