Safer Spot for Seat?

DD has sat in the middle of my back seat from the get-go. Her car seat is quite large and, unless you have an itty bitty butt, you won't be able to comfortably sit in my backseat with the car seat there. She's 4-1/2 and it's one of those where she can (and will) wear the 5-point harness up to 65 pounds.

There is a chance that I may have another child's (not mine) seat back there today in addition to DD's and am wondering which side is the safer one to put DD's seat if this does happen? Driver side or Passenger side?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 5:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I found some information regarding this topic on car-seat.org. The techs there say that statistically there isn't much of a difference regarding which side is safer.

Here is a link to the page that I found.  I hope the information there is helpful to you.  Best luck. I understand your concerns.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=5315

Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• They are equal both driver's side and passenger's in the back.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Intresting question and concern. Either side is fine...is the other mother aware of your worry? I'm sure she, too, will want her child in the safest spot.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Just to clarify...

I realize that they don't construct vehicles with one side being safer than the other. But I figure there might be one side that gets hit more than another...or one side that the driver instinctively protects more than the other...
    AllAboutKeeley

Comment by AllAboutKeeley (original poster) at 5:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2010