Is it normal?

Is it normal to wake up and just want something random to eat? I am 38 weeks pregnant and yesterday I woke up and wanted hot wings and then today when I got up I wanted spaghetti. Is this normal?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 5:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep. Cravings sometimes continue awhile postpartum as well. You still have hormones around.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• sounds normal to me
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes, it is very normal! I am also 38 weeks and have had a hard time eating many things this pregnancy but now i am at the end and crave things that I don't like or normally even eat. I just woke up and now I want to mustard with anything. Weird, but I haven't really given in to much to my crazy cravings because some are just way to fattening and I am also afraid it will make me more sick too. And yes, this may continue postpartum because of major hormone fluctuations.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 9:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes. PERFECTLY! Your body is craving a particular food and that's why you have cravings. :)
    FinaOrlando

Answer by FinaOrlando at 9:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sounds like normal pregnancy cravings to me
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2010