Where should my children sit in the car?

Baby #2 will be here shortly and I'm not sure where in the back seat of my car my children should be located--- center/driver, center/passenger, or driver/passenger. They'll both be rear facing. What is the safest location for each of them? (I may have to double-check the latch system configurations... I may not have a side-by-side option.) Hmn...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• The center of the back seat is safer than being outboard but really the safest place for them to be is where you can the car seats installed the best. If you can get them side by side correctly that is great but if not outboard positions are okay too. Just so long as they are in right. Good luck and congrats on your new baby.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• With one, the center is generally the safest. But with two, it may just depend on how they fit in your car. Get the seats checked by the fire department or whomever is certified to do it in your area, and ask them, based on the dimensions.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• small children: backseat (in a carseat if really small)

older children: 10+... anywhere the adults do, but backseat is always safest unless your rear ended by a semi.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have my old child behind the driver set, and my younger one behind the passager set.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010