What do you think can be done to stop bullies...

What do you think needs to be done to stop bullies from tormenting others in school? Plz keep it clean for the young ones. Thank you

I think they should have to go to anger management clases and do community service with the disable / dying children.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in

• PARENTS need to step up and teach their kids respect, tolerance and that being different is ok. It starts at home. Parents need to stop making excuses for their childrens poor behavior and choices and teach them that choices have consequences.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I really don't think it's be a good idea to put bullies around disabled or dieing children... just sayin. I totally agree with your anger management class idea however!
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 6:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think they should be removed from school and put into a program that actually cares and not just told to be home schooled. If they are bullying then home isn't going to help because obviously the parents didn't bring them upright to start with.My son is in kidergarden and in the first month he has already been bullied. The school didn't acknoledge it at all. He came home rom school with 2 bandages where an older girl had dug her nails into his hand and made them lees. A lot of skin was missing. Ds told the teacher and she did NOTHING. The principal is a former hs English teacher of mine. He told parents on the first day of school that he didn't tolerate bullying. I was LIVID. Dh was at the school the next day talking to the principal. He hadn't even been told of the incident. He said we were supposed to be sent home with a letter saying what actions were being taken. Never happened. cont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• So he wrote down everything dh said and the next day called dh and said the girl had been talked to. TALKED TO? She could have given ds an infection and what's next, a knife? a gun? Because kids only get worse with age. It was less than a week after that that ds told me he saw the girl again and she growled at him everytime she saw him like she was going o get him. Kids are in school to LEARN and can't do that when they live in fear. I mean if you did what that girl did to ds at your job you would be fired. Why should we be so lenient with kids? THEY KNOW BETTER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• There parents usually need help as well. So often they learn thier bullying from the parents.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You both are right. Which is why I said they not only should have anger management classes but be arould children who are not able to care for themselves. They is something about being around a child that doesn't have long to live that touches a bully's heart. It also give them a reality cjheck that thier life could become just as short, without notice....
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010