Here's your chance to express yourself...

You are important. What you have to say has value. You have experiences that have shaped your opinions and values. What's something you've learned that we can use to help us with families, friends, or even ourselves?

I want you to share with you this thought: Today is what you have before you. Find time to tell those you love, that you do. Call those who haven't heard from you. Invite someone over for a cup of tea/coffee. Take time for yourself along the way, because all you have is today!

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's a very nice thought...it would be easier to practice though, if everyone thought that way. Sometimes it's hard to have so much appreciation for people when they don't look at your statement the same way. I agree with you, and I'm thankful for my DH and my DD and appreciate every little moment....but for everyone else...some days can be so difficult. I was talking with my husband very very recently about this very thing, and I mentioned that I was thinking back about 20, 15, 10, even five years ago, and I don't ever remember people being so rude, self-absorbed, and possibly even insane. It's a different world out there now, but we try very hard to be good people. Love your questions....have a blessed day!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 6:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Once more I got confirmation that a happy mommy makes a happy child.
    If you're stressed out and things aren't going your way ... relax and let go a bit.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• well, I shared this in another post, and a lady called me an idiot, but, I was abandond by my mother in a bowling alleywhen I was 4 mts. old, I was raised by my wonderful paternal grandparents, but at 7 my father was murdered in St. Louis city, and then my grandpa, and uncle dies by the time I was 16. I have lost everyone that I ever depended on, and the fact is that even though I made some horrible decisions due to my PTSD, and other disorders brought on by excessive loss, It also has made me who I am today! All of those mistakes have become blesssing, b/c now I am capable of seeing things with a less judgemental view, and I can look at a person and wonder " what did they have to go thru" instead of thinking about how trrible of a peson they are! am now living the life that many women would love to have, and I attribute that to all the suffering that I have had to endure!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Help your children understand what good values and morals areand they are better for it.
    chickpee

Answer by chickpee at 8:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2010