How does a Depo-shot affect getting pregnate?

I have been on the Depo-shot for 2 years, I got on it after I had my daughter. My husband and I are thinking about trying to get pregnate, but I hear that it could take up to two years. So im due for my shot in Nov. I have decided to skip it. Does anyone have any knowledge of how it works?

Kendrewana

Asked by Kendrewana at 11:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on the depo for a little over a year. When I stopped getting it I didn't have my period again for over a year and a half.
    romanlili

Answer by romanlili at 11:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My sister was on the depo shot for several years before her and her husband decided to start a family. She had 2 miscarriages before she finally had a healthy baby. With her second baby, she didn't have any problems (used a different method). I've heard it's harder to get pregnant right away vs. other methods. It's a shot that's meant to stay in your system longer so that you only have to get it every 3 months, so it takes longer than the pill to leave your system. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2008