Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getiing custody of my 2yr old son.

Here's the facts: My sons dad sells drugs and I caught him and his friends smoking weed while my son was in the house this past saturday. I went to court to get a restraining order against my sons dad until I could get into custody court. Thejudge said that if his dad and I agreed to keeping every other week and I went to his house earlier than expected and smelled weed, then I should not have been there. Also when his dad has him, he comes back to me not wanting me to touch him, he had a terrible diaper rash once and he always wants to fight. Do you think this is grounds for me to get full custody or am I over reacting?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • Your son needs a guardian ad litem to represent his interests.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 7:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

  • Do you have an attorney. A drug test should be ordered by the GAL on your childs father.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 7:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

  • Get an attorney and have that attorney DEMAND drug testing and fight for SOLE custody. Your ex is putting his child in harms way and the judge sounds incompetent.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

  • Thank you.

    Answer by Queentdi at 1:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.