Are you there Anon? It's me, Margaret.

I'm posting this question because of something that happened here yesterday. Someone made a post and spelled "religion" wrong. There was an Anonymous poster who said something about checking the spelling before selecting "Post Your Question." I thought nothing of it and moved on.

Then, I saw another question about religion and noticed it was spelled wrong, too. Instead of posting Anonymous, I posted under my screen name, _Tam_. I don't like hiding behind Anonymous to say what I want to say; to each their own.

To the person(s) who messaged me after reading the answers from both questions: my answer was mine and the Anonymous answer belongs to someone else. Also, I read the messages you sent to me and then deleted them. Sorry, not going to give in to that.

In one message to me, they said that I "must not be religious" otherwise I wouldn't have answered the way I did. Technically, I'm not; I'm spiritual.

Thank you.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can think of only one reason that a person would even WANT to hide behind the anon. button--they are cowards and they want to say something that they know is stupid and rude. It's the main reason I don't take ANY of them seriously.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I, too, will not hide behind anon. If I have something to say, I will. I just want to say thank you for not letting some people get to you over the way you believe. I missed this yesterday but it seems as if someone had NOTHING better to do then perhaps bash you for something that was said. Keep your head high dear. I deal with people everyday with my job.
    MoMofTWOkiddos

Answer by MoMofTWOkiddos at 8:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sorry that happened to you, it sounds pretty petty. Some people have too much time on their hands.
    However, your title on this question made me giggle, so thanks for that :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• see..that's the exact reason you can and should post anon. there are always going to be people who disagree with something you may post, and have nothing better to do than to bother you with pm-ing. when you post anon, you won't get that..they don't know you, all they can do is down-vote you...which does cost credits, btw. (but who cares about credits, right?)
    its funny..i don't know who pm-ed you, but odds are they are the same people who complain about the anon-button in the first place. they can't pm anons...and that simply wouldn't do!
    i'd do the same as you, delete..then block them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• So I take it you got tarred and feathered because a few someone's thought that you were the same person as the first anon, all because you posted a stance that was similar??

I don't know what you're not giving in to, but isn't this post giving your messengers acknowledgement?

Some people take this anon bashing and anon hunting too seriously.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If there is anyone using the anon option in this section, IGNORE THEM. The only goal when posting anon in this section is to start drama and be irritating bitches.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I dont post anon either.. I saw it was spelled wrong but decided it was not worth it to go there.
    The problem people have is HOW they read things... because of lack of tone it is OFTEN taken as an offensive. The best thing to do is to chuck the offense and just say Thank You for pointing that out, I appreciate it then move on. It is so simple, so easy but emotions get so worked up that it can blind you from doing the simple and easiest thing and lash out instead. We have all been there done that! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Kristi - I couldn't agree more.
    isabellalecour - I don't see it as acknowledgement; I'm clearing things up.
    dullscissors - If I remembered the name, I would block her. However, I'd still probably try to answer any questions she posts.
    vicesix - You're welcome! It seemed the best fit for the message I was trying to convey.
    MoMo - Thanks. =)
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't post anon either. I figure if I'm going to say it, I'm going to own it. I'm always a bit dumbfounded why some feel the need to send others a PM over silly things like that. I agree with Kristi that 9 times out of 10 an anon answer is only to stir up trouble, so just ignore them if possible.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thanks, Kelley. =)
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010