What is the most thoughtful/nicest thing your SO has done for you lately?

Tuesday, hubby brought me home chocolate cupcakes (my birthday was last Friday, but I didn't get anything sweet until then) and apologized for being so late giving me those. Over the weekend, he bought me two new toys for my birthday, and yesterday he brought me home a bamboo plant :) I've wanted one for years, and he just randomly stopped somewhere on his way home from work and gave it to me. I think that's the first time he's ever gotten me anything random.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• He told me to quit my job. He works away from home for months at a time and with my new job I was unable to be with him anymore. After he moved to his new job site (I helped him get camper, etc... moved) he told me to call my boss and tell them I wouldn't be home until Christmas. I was so happy, I was just miserable without him at home and now I know he was miserable also. Our kids are all in college now so I was basically home alone just missing him. This also made us able to spend our 24th wedding anniversary together instead of 2300 miles apart. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• About 3 weeks ago I was out with my SIL for her dress fitting(for her wedding dress). While I was gone DH recorded himself singing our song and posted it on my facebook page for everyone to see. I was shocked! It was the sweetest thing he has ever done for me and we have been together for 12 years.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My dad had surgery a week ago and we weren't able to go to SC for it. So this past weekend my husband took off work and drove us to SC from FL so I could see my dad. I don't think he'll ever know how much it meant to me. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• First of all, kudos for posting this! So many people just bash their husbands, it's so refreshing to hear of someone who is proud of theirs! :)

My hubby watched my son after he got home from work twice this week so I could hang out with 2 different friends for their birthdays :) He also coooked dinner and cleaned up after it. :) It meant so much!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The last thing was to fix the doorknob right away when it broke....he is always doing little things around the house to make life easier for us...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have been sick for two days, and couldn't go to church with the family last nite. He knows that I hate staying home without him, so when he got home, he'd gone to Subway and bought me my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had a migraine and had to go to bed early the other night. He cleaned the kitchen up after I went to bed. That is TOTALLY out of charcter for him and it was a very nice suprise!
    luvsmygirls77

Answer by luvsmygirls77 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have a paper route and while cooking dinner the other day, hubby decided to put my papers together, bag them, and put them in baskets AND load them into my car for me :)
    connor12907

Answer by connor12907 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• He put together a new table, did the dishes and helped with dinner. And, he's just him, he treats me well.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010