Halloween party snacks (not sweet!)

I am having a Halloween party for a bunch of 3-5 year olds and their families, and I have plenty of ideas for cookies, cupcakes, etc -- all the sweet stuff -- but I need fun ideas for other snacks to serve. Any ideas appreciated! Thanks! :o)

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 8:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• Keeping things simple, the last party we had, I bought bat-shaped pretzels and we did purple (red) grapes, green grapes, and balled cantaloupe for halloweeenish colors. We did the sandwiches that we shaped like witch hats and bats. We made popcorn balls. Don't recall what all else.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 9:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I just had mine last weekend, and I only did sweets because it was at 6pm, but If I was going to do regular food, I would do the little pigs in a blanket and make them looke like mummies, The cheeseball that looks like a pumpkin, maybe make little meat and cheese sandwiches and use a tiny pumpkin cookie cutter. Look on the disney family fun site, I think they had cute things to make
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• There was a pizza recipe in All You magazine that was topped with cheese cut into ghosts with cookie cutters. I also like the mummy dogs idea.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 9:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Chex mix is tasty and super simple to make. I think you can get the recipe online (it's been a while since I've made it myself, so I don't recall it, sorry). Popcorn balls are good also. (I always think of halloween when I see popcorn balls)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2010