What's the most important thing you hope to teach your child?

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Respect for themselves and others, good manners, be polite.... There's too little of that in the world these days....

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• To respect others and to love and accept the way people are, for her to acknowledge and understand that everyone is not the same and everyone is going to have differences.

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Compassion.

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• independence

Answer by adelinasmommy at 8:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Honesty

Answer by ashisamom at 8:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• To love and respect herself and never allow others to disrespect her. To be kind to others regardless of race and skin color. How to be responsible and take care of herself when she gets older, and how to cook.

Answer by browneyes27 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• To respect themselves and others and to be honest.

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• To be compassionate to all living things.

Answer by Freela at 8:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• To always remember to respect & love themselves, and other people will do the same. To be tolerant of others, and other belief systems, but to hold tight to their own beliefs. To take responsibility for their actions, and to help in their community.

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Compassion. I believe that this world is seriously lacking that and it's important to me for my son to have compassion for others. Compassion and morals goes together and I want nothing more than for my son to be a good person with a lot of heart. You can have a ton of money, a huge house, but without compassion, you are no different than the person next to you.

Answer by momofone221 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010