How much longer do you think you have before you become an embarrassment to your child?

I'm just waiting for the, "Mooo-ooomm.. don't do that in front of the other kids!!" Makes me laugh pretty hard to myself.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm hoping never, lol. Though I'm sure it's coming. Hopefully later rather than sooner. DD is only 4. I remember I didn't really start caring too much until I was about 12 or 13.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Hmmm not sure. My oldest is 14 and is on the Autism spectrum- so he probably would not notice or care, my middle is 12 and the little one is 4. I am sure the middle is probably almost there.... hopefully it will be a long time before the little one gets that way!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My son is 8 and I still don't think I embarass him... my oldest daughter is 6 and I think I have been embarassing her for years!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My DD17 started with that phrase/tone when she was about 3!!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My DD is only 2 and I think that whole thing will probably start in a few years. I'm not ready for that. :(
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My kids are 6 and 7...I haven't heard it yet.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• my son did that on his first day of kindergarten this year...i was outside taking a pic of him getting on the school bus and he said "put away your camera, you don't see any other moms taking pictures..do ya?" i had to laugh! My son is also very sensitive sometimes and usually he will only cry around me..the other day he said "and don't go telling ANYONE that you saw me crying" lol. I think its only going to get worse....he is 5 now..i say by 8 or 9 he will be in full swing
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My mom never did that to us, we were never embarrassed about her. I don't do things that may embarrass them although, baby pictures are NEVER off limits.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My son (17) has never done that; my daughter (10) looks at me as if I'm the stupidest person on the planet when she's with her friends. Oh, her teenage years will be fun ... NOT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My kids did it when they got to be about 12-13. When I was registering my son in middle school, we were standing outside waiting to go in and my son said "Could you stand by some dorky kid and pretend you're his mom", and I said, "I am doing that right now". It was the first time I ever thought of a come back line that made him close his mouth. lol.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010