Daycare....

Ok so I was wandering to all you mothers out there with your kids in daycare, My daughter has started to cry when I take her. Before she would go right in and everything was okay but these past couple of days she jus stands at the door and cries saying she wants to go back home! I ask her why she dosent like it anymore and she shruggs her shoulders she is 3, any advice would be great, this is the 1st daycare she has ever been in she has been home with me her whole life! We are in the military so we dont have family around to watch her! very confused and scared! Help what should I do!! THANKS

sailorswife1134

Asked by sailorswife1134 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Poor little thing...i feel for you and your daughter. It could be so many things, like being bullied by other kids, she is scared of something in the daycare itself...she is intimidated by the daycare personal. Have you asked the staff if they have noticed anything, witnessed anything, brought something new into the room?
    talk to her in a relaxed atmosphere at home were she feels safe. ask her who she likes playing with, what is her fav. part in the time she is there and that will gets her talking, once she fills good talking about it then ask her the opposite ....who she does not like, who is not nice to her....what it is her least fav. activity .
    Good luck and i hope you can solve the problems.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think it is just a phase they go thru, I bet as soon as you are out of eye sight she is playing and having a great time. It passes.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Its the age. All kids do that sometime or another. Just drop her and go...I agree with Bubbie, she probably stops the sec you are out of sight. It will be ok, dont beat yourself up over it
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thank you guys I noticed it yesterday when I dropped her off she jus kinda stood by me and didnt run and play like usual and today was jus crying and grabbing at me and saying she wanted to go back home! Im jus so worried that something is going on! And then again it could be that the new is wearing off and she dosent want to do it anymore there is so many things running through my head!! Like I said this is the 1st time she has ever been away from me! You jus hear so many horror stories and makes you scared! Im going to talk to her this afternoon and her teacher to see if she has noticed a difference in her or anything. Thanks again!
    sailorswife1134

Comment by sailorswife1134 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• all kids go through that phase. My DS started in a home daycare at 15 mos, and he loved it there but went through the same crying phase as well.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• How long has she been going? I know when I worked daycare, a few of my kids would be fine for a few days when they first started, like "hey, cool, this is a game, I can do this for a few days..." but when they realized it was a regular thing that happened every day, they didn't like it. Seeing as she's been home with you up until now, I'd guess she's just getting adjusted. But by all means, talk to her teachers, talk to the director, ask if anything has been different, or if she continues to cry after you leave. I'm sure they'll be happy to calm your fears.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i am a SAHM but my DS goes to the Daycare at my gym EVERY day for an hour an a half. This past summer he did the EXACT same thing. It was so weird and random because he LOVES it. I just offered extra loves and kisses and a reward for being a big boy. It seemed to work. It only lasted a week or 10 days..
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It starts out like that but she will get use to it
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I always pay attention to my daughter's instinct and reaction... We are a military family so I understand your situation.... Usually with my daughter, if she does not want to go back there is a reason. She may not like the children or the provider themselves. My daughter used to like her last sitter when she first started then she wanted to stay with me..... As time went on, I saw the way the children acted and the way that things were being handled and I took her out. She has been at her new daycare since February and there has not been one time that she said that she did not want to go.... My best advice is just to go with your babies instinct.... Alot of times they see something that we don't..... Trust her.
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 6:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Awww...... I miss when my kids were that old. Well kind of... Theyre Quadroplets.... Just call us the Weasleys! I have 2 girls, 2 boys. Im a single mom! Those crazy teens....
    LunaLovegood62

Answer by LunaLovegood62 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010