Any one loose weight after joining curves?

I was thinking of joining curves that opened up around the corner from my house. I just want to know if any one out there lost weight by watching what they eat and excersising at curves? I live on dirt roads and love to walk but won't do it on dirt roads because cars go by and get dirt all over you.

dia4

Asked by dia4 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't go to Curves. I didn't like then when I went years ago but now I go to a gym like Curves up the road from me and love it. I been there over a year love the poeple that go and yes you can loss weight you have to change your workout from time to time. I lose 103 lbs in one year going and hope to take off another 100. What ever you do good luck and not every thing works for every one but it may work out for you. you will never know if you don't try. Ask if you can sign up for a 6 month to try it out. I would try to keep away from signing up for a year. Then that way if it don't work out then you are only lost out on 6 mouth not 12.
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yes, I did... but after a while I stop loosing but I wasn't gaining either...... which can happen with any exercise program.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I lost a ton of weight at Curves. About 30 lbs! It's a great program. It's also fun. I too love walking, but it gets boring going by yourself. Curves also has diet programs you can follow to help you keep losing. I had to quit for financial reasons, but can't wait to start back up one of these days. I saw a commercial on the T.V. that they've gotten more high tech with the machines and they really help you to work out at your highest potential. Give it a try, I think you'll like it!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I was there to excerise, not lose weight. It gets boring quickly.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I looked into curves a couple of months after I had my baby. Far too expensive in my opinion. However after going back to my previously vegetarian diet I lost 32 lbs in 3 months(with NO exercise!)
    I'm now 10 lbs under pre-pregnancy weight :)
    xNukleopatra

Answer by xNukleopatra at 7:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I belong to our Y, I like to work out there. I think as long as you work out somewhere and stick with it, you'll see results.

There is no way to target weight loss to a specific area of the body because your body decides where it wants to put on weight and where it wants to take it off. The midsection is a common "problem" area for many people.

The best way to lose fat is through cardiovascular exercise. It is important to do a variety of abdominal exercises (including crunches) to keep your core strong, but until that excess fat is gone, you will not see the muscle definition. So if you’re not doing cardio, crunches are not going to help get the six-pack you’ve been hoping for. Regular cardio exercise at a level that’s challenging for you is your best bet.

Good luck!!
    VitalityGal

Answer by VitalityGal at 10:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My friend and her daughter joined Curves and they love it!! She lost about 30 lbs, her daughter about 10 and they feel and look great!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I joined curves under false pretenses. I told them I had young children, a preschooler and a toddler and was a SAHM. They told me my children were always welcome. I signed up, and IMMEIDETLY they told me they did not have child care and would not refund my money...

That said....I tried to go early in the morning before DH went to work, that was OK for a short while, until the Curves made their hours to open after my DH had left for work.

I did not renew my membership, and feel that I was robbed.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2008