What is your childhood memory as a child

My Best Childhood was when I was 3 and my mom and dad took me to Disney world for my birthday and that was my best childhood memory ever...

jennifermommie2

Asked by jennifermommie2 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I got my very first brand new bike for my birthday. It was purple and pink......then it got stolen! :( That part wasn't my favorite memory!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The best childhood memories for me are the one's where the whole family got together. Like baking christmas cookies with my brothers and sister or harvesting potatoes in dad's garden. Just digging in the ground. "Look, look! I've got a funny funny one ... a really big one ... a tiny one!" And when the whole field was done my father would pile up all the dead wood that s lying around and make a big fire. We'd wrap up potatoes in tin foil and put them in the fire. It was just so special! The smell of the damp earth, the warmth of the fire, beeing outside all day until the mist comes in in the late afternoon and darkness falls. Have a hot tin foil potatoe. Then having to go inside (of course you didn't want it to end). Mom gets you ready for bed, you can hardly keep your eyes open to hear the end of the lullaby. Awwww, magic!
    Thanks for reminding me!!!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure of my favorite but my first memory is of my great grandmother's funeral when I was 2 or 3. My mom made me kiss her goodbye. I was already confused and then with that, well, it pretty much scarred me for life and to this day, near 30 years later, I have issues with the concept of death and cannot touch corpses, not even pets who've passed.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Summers down the shore in Wildwood, NJ. There were 12 of us kids( cousins) and we would all bunk in the attic which was finished with a ton of beds for us. We would go to the beach for hours and just have lots of fun together. And of course just being with my sisters was fun too.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• my fave childhood memories involve our 'day trips'..we'd often take a picnic lunch (or pick up KCF on the way), a cooler full of drinks/ice, and head off in some direction away from OKC. we'd drive about 1-2hrs to some state park, sight-seeing place, museum, etc., and spend the day there, then drive back home to OKC. or the saturdays we packed a lunch and headed to a city park, playing all day, while mom/dad enjoyed each other's company, and played with us.
    those times were magic! we didn't have a lot of money to spend on vacations, and most of ours ended up traveling to our cousins' towns to visit, rather than an extravagant trip to disney or six flags or the beach.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:43 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have a lot of wonderful memories. I cant choose just one memory so I guess it would be the location of the memories. The home I grew up in. Dad worked heavy construction. He was gone quite a bit but he provide a good living for us. Mom ran the "Little Farm" as we called it, where we(Mom,Dad, 2 sisters & myself) lived. It was the back drop setting for everything. So if there is/was a memory it would be taking place there. Beautiful county home, Mom hanging the laundry out on a line. Flowers in her garden emitting soft sweet fragrances mixed with her cooking/baking or canning. As each one of us girls grew up & married. we all lived a short amount of time at the "Little Farm" at the birth of each one of our children (my older sister - 2 boys, my younger sister - 3 boys, Myself - 2- boys & 2 girls) Moma died at the "Little Farm" which was very fitting. The "Little Farm" & Moma was/is the heart beat of our lives.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010