Potty training at daycare with boys and girls in same room?

What do you think of that? My sister toured a school yesterday. She said the boys and girls were both using the toilet together with their privates exposed. Is this how all schools do it? Would you be comfortable with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Seems weird. Kids should learn about genetalia from their parents.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• When my daughter went to preschool at the age of 2, they worked on potty training in the classroom but all of the kids sat in little chairs outside of the bathroom while each child went. I wouldn't have been comfortable if they had been "trying" to go potty with the other kids watching.

Answer by missanc at 9:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My daughter's daycare did this. Having worked in that same daycare years previously, I didn't have a problem with it. The children were learning how to use the potty. Children are also naturally curious about those of the opposite sex. I think it's natural. She was there for about a year before we moved out of state and there weren't any incidents.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it. I think it's pretty sick if parents feel that this is somehow sexual in some way... toddlers and preschoolers don't think like that!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2010