Do you have guidelines/rules for how you prefer your laundry to be done?

If so like what?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 8:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• darks, brights, whites, towels and blankets all seperated. that's about it!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I seperate everything. Take care of stains. Other than that I am not too picky. As long as they are clean. lol I like everything folded and put away quickly though.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Must be sorted: lights, darks, towels, sheets and my bras must be hung to dry. We also only use "free and clear" varieties of detergent.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 8:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The kids and hubs clothes I toss in all together and wash, although I do pick out the jeans and wash them separate. My clothes I do separate into dark/light and some I hang to dry. I also separate towels, bedding, socks & underwear-- they get washed in hot wash.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• lights and darks separate, towels separate, sheets separate. Lights in hot water, darks in cold. towels in hot sheets in warm. Only clothing gets fabric softener. All laundry is dried on low heat except towels which are done on hot. Anything containing elastic gets hung up to dry besides fitted bed sheets. Surprisingly my husband has all of that memorized lol
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I separate them into darks, lights, and the load that gets bleached. In the winter, I further separate the darks (which are most of the laundry) into "stuff that gets softener" and "stuff that doesn't" (nothing that could touch my face gets softener). Bras get hung to dry, anything that goes on a hanger comes out of the dryer after 10-15 minutes and gets hung up while damp.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't separate according to colors so much. Unless there's an item of clothing that is new, that I know the color will bleed (like the tye dye sundresses I bought dd and I on vacation). Then I'll separate light and dark. But normally, I separate pants and shirts from socks and underwear. I wash non undergarment clothes together, on cold, and do a load of socks, undies, and towels together on hot as the last load.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Not really.  I don't separate.  I haven't since college when I was too poor to wash 4 half loads (everything goes into as few machines as possible).  My only thing is my shirts get hung up to dry otherwise they shrink.  Everything else gets tossed in the dryer.  I do try to wash/dry towels separate so they don't get fuzz on everything but I'll throw clothes in with them if I don't have room in another washer.

Everything gets washed warm/warm (when we had our own washer) or warm/cold (at the laundromat).  When we had a dryer I dried everything on low.  At the laundromat I dry everything on high.  Anything to get done faster and spend the least amount of money.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• doing laundryTowels, white socks and underwear are bleached and run on hot and I use homemade fabric softener on those. Sheets are washed warm and hung to dry if possible. Jeans and hubby's shirts are washed through super wash in warm water with borax and homemade fabric softener and then get a dryer sheet too. Our homemade fabric softener has vinegar in it and it helps get out all of the odors. I sort the rest of our clothes by lights, darks and "sunsets" (the name our daughter has come up with for reds, pinks and purples). Lights get warm water and darks and sunsets get cold.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Towels, whites, blacks, reds, then the normal clothes lol.. blankets, sheets, and the baby's clothes
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010