What are some good remedies for a sunburn?

What are some good remedies for a sunburn? I have the worst i've ever had and can't even sleep at night! Please help!

Asked by renajennjenn at 3:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• ALOE VERA! The actual plant extract applied to the skin works best for me. Numbing sprays help a little too.

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• aloe vera lotions and gels are amazing! i know this might sound totally weird but if you mix up a little mustard and waterr together and then spread it across the burn it takes the sting away instantly! its an old remedy my grandmother used.

Answer by alexisnoel at 3:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

Answer by LuminousMom at 5:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• When I've been sunburned, I use a mix of 1 part white vinegar and 2 parts tepid water. It doesn't smell very good, but the vinegar takes the burn out of the sunburn. A friend did this for me once and it worked great! I was able to sleep at night comfortably. Hope this helps.

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• One time my husband got a REALLY bad sunburn to where he was up at night crying from the pain/itching. He would take a slightly cool shower then I would rub some of the aloe vera gel onto it. The blue colored "NO AD" brand works wonders.

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 8:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Lipton Ice Tea Bags. Make the tea, put the wet tea bags on the burn. I am not sure how it works, but it does.

Answer by kaysha at 8:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Shaving Cream, like barbasol, make sure you dont get the menthol one. And it cant be a gel.

Answer by cottoncdy1 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Put your aloe vera in the fridge. It's a bit of a shocker when it first goes on, but the coolness helps soothe the heat from the burn while the aloe works.

Answer by KDW211 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I live in florida sooo I have had a few myself. I wipe the burn down with apple cider vinegar then slather on aloe gel and a little take that darn pain out. good luck!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I used tea with mixed results. Vinegar works great, it burns like heck but later it is much better. Put it on, let it dry, then rinse with cool water. I wouldn't dilute it though. I used to use solarcane sp?. You can also use aloe with lidocane in it.

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008