Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Anyone do in home child care?

I would like to do in home childcare. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

What do you have to do in order to be able to have it be tax deductable?

Are you a licensed or registered? Do you make more money of government paid for children?

How much do you charge per person?

What kinds of activities do you do with the children?

About how many square feet is your house?

Thanks :)

Answer Question

Asked by amy31308 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 5 (92 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • I do inhome childcare.

    You will need to be Licensed for things to be tax deductable. It would then be your "business."
    I am actually neither. I charge $30 a day full time or $20 a day part time.
    I am part of a moms group so I take the kids to story time at the library, McDonlds playplace, home playdates, parks, zoo, etc..
    My home is 3000 sq feet.

    I only take kids part time too. All of the kids I watch are my friends kids or people they know.

    I did take the class to become licensed, but I would need a fence. Priced a fence and because of our neighborhood codes it would be over $6000. I don't even make close to that so it wasn't worth it to become licensed. I would pay more for the fence than I would make doing childcare.

    Answer by Eastiesmom at 11:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.