Weight and Breastfeeding

When you stopped breastfeeding or was working on the weaning process did you gain or lose weight? If so how much?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always had to seriously adjust my eating when I quit breastfeeding or I would have gained a ton of weight. While I'm breastfeeding I can eat anything and everything, and have to in order to not lose weight! After my 4th I did gain around 7 lbs after I quit bfeeding before I realized I hadn't adjusted my eating habits.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• A lot of my friends who were able to breast feed claimed to gain weight when they weaned/stopped. To keep that from happening, I'd try to adjust your eating and exercise habits. Exercising roughly 30 minutes a day (cardio and strength training are awesome for this), drinking 64 ounces of water each day (using a juice bottle [think the large Oceanspray juice] to hold the water), cutting out sodas, and bringing in about 1300 calories each day will help.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2010